Date:      Mon, 05 Sep 2005 14:25:55 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Oliver Ruiz Dorantes <urnenfel@tiscali.es>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BCM2035

Olive,

> Anybody tested this chip?

not that i know of

> I have been playing with it with good results, but suddently i get a
> BD_ADDR 00:00:00:00:00:00, and the dongle due to this (i think) is
> not working even in windows.

i just did a quick search on bcm2035 and linux bluez and found at least
one post that describes similar problem.

> Looks like it forgot its BD_ADDR, and as far as i know there is no SW
> way(hci command) to set it again, I wonder if there is a SW way that
> i could have deleted it by mistake....

i'm not aware of any hci command that would allow you to re/set bd_addr.
  i'm interested to know what did you do to make it forget its bd_addr.

> The model is BT3035 from Tecom with as i said the chip is Broadcom
> 2035
>
> Any idea / advice ?

i'm afraid there is nothing on top of my head right now :( i will need
to have the device itself to run some tests. i will see if i can
purchase it locally and let you know.

thanks,
max