Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 15:43:38 -0500
From:      Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   find in security check (was Re: vapour security check output)

At 03:08 PM 1/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Yeah, the 'find' in /etc/security uses the -X flag since it pipes into
>xargs after the sort. You could substitute the following for the
>offending while-loop:

Hmm, this is sorta unrelated to the other question, but is there any way to
make that find command not use up large amounts of memory?  I was watching
it the other night to figure out why the security script was killing the
performance of the mud that runs on the machine I do some stuff for, and
between a 39 meg mud task and the find task running at least as large at 9
megs or more, it's causing the machine to start swapping like crazy.  Not
exactly conducive to quick response on the mud.

Gary Schrock
root@eyelab.msu.edu