Date:      16 Sep 2001 09:55:06 -0700
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        gLaNDix <glandix@lloydix.2y.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ncftp shortcut

gLaNDix <glandix@lloydix.2y.net> writes:

> also, ncftpget (also installed from the port of ncftp) is wonderful for
> d/l-ing files from ftp in only one line!

Probably so, but I just used that to DL a directory tree and it tried
(unsuccessfully) to change the permissions of the "." directory which it
couldn't because ".." was not mine to change.  (I was expecting it to
put the directory I named into ".", not its contents.)

Rambling on:  I'm sure there are several easy ways around the problem,
but I wish it had reported the otherwise-successful DLing so I needn't
have wasted time determining that. (It wasn't obvious since the DL was
much smaller than I expected.)  I guess I should do my duty and write up
an enhancement suggestion.