Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:58:08 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
Cc:        k4n _ <k4n@hotmail.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD webdesign

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 04:40:34PM +0200, Roelof Osinga wrote:

> > > Why do people always assume that dark is cool. The purpose of a website
> >
> > Because it's associated with evil?
>
> Why do people always assume that evil is cool. The purpose of the website

Rebellion and youth -=> freedom.  Freedom is often viewed as
inherently good.  You may view this as an evolutionary (either social
or biological) quirk, if you so choose.

For those past their youth, it may remind them of youth, which of
course, they will associate with freedom and we're back here again.

Of course, anything so every-day as a particular colour will have many
more factors that influence perception of it.

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.