Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:54:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Wilson <cbw@atlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Comtrol Rocketport drivers under 2.2.2

I've got a machine running 2.2.2 that I'm trying to set up as a terminal
server using Comtrol Rocketport 8 port serial boards. We're using these
under Linux with no problem.

I'm trying to run the ports using mgetty, which works fine with the
standard com1/com2 ports on the system. I can access the modems on the
Rocketport using minicom. When I try and run them with mgetty however, it
hangs at:

waiting for line to clear (VTIME), read:

and it dies there. I'm using the beta drivers located on Comtrol's server
(ftp://ftp.comtrol.com/BETA/B6547tar.gz). Has anyone had any experience
getting this to work?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris B. Wilson (CW40)   | http://www.atlantic.net | Sales - 800-422-2936
Internet Connect Company | Quality Internet access | Support - 800-921-9328
cbw@atlantic.net         | throughout Florida      | Fax - 352-275-2702