Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 14:23:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Ayres <matta@unixshell.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        "Col.Panic" <panic@satan.antix.org>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail (fwd)

Well, I read your mail after sending this out and I also agree with
you. In my exp when a UDP flood comes in, the kernel will also pump out
the message, usually at a smaller pps with UDP floods. As I am not a
programmer I do not know the internals as to why, but I would assume it is
due to an icmp error as your e-mail stated. I was trying to alert him that
in the future he might want to look to see if massive amounts of UDP
traffic is coming in when receiving that message :>