Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 01:50:51 -0800
From:      "Gerald Lightsey" <glightsey1@cox.net>
To:        "'Alex Shaw'" <alex.shaw@bulletonline.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: What am I doing wrong with MOUNT?

Alex Shaw said...

> just a thought, if you need more room for you mysql db's why not mount the
new drive as /db for example and just change > the datadir variable in your
my.cnf so your not using the /var drive for databases .... ??

I had concluded that a small /var would give me problems in the future in
areas beyond MySQL so I thought to just open up the entire area.  Nathan
Kinkade gave me the direction I needed over in questions.

Gerald