Date:      Sun, 01 Dec 2002 00:33:32 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
To:        Vincent Goupil <vgoupil@alis.com>, "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Best network card to use.

Hi!

I've had great troubles with the 3Com on FreeBSD in the past, but recently
they've been pretty stable. For our important machines, I always use the
Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet (fxp-driver). I'm not sure it is the best,
and the cards are certainly pretty old, three years at least, but they have
been very reliant and the driver works flawlessly. I've heards that some
cards using the de driver can perform even better, though, but I wouldn't
know... :)

Regards,
Palle

--On torsdag, november 21, 2002 11.51.07 -0500 Vincent Goupil