Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 14:59:19 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heavy paging buggers secondary system clock

When my 8Mb machine is paging heaving (a fistful of xterms, AUIS ez, exmh & a
make world) running systat will at some time (after a few hours, it happened
in the middle of the night) systat -vmstat will revert to the pigs display,
with the message "The alternate system clock has died!". After this has
happened, it will always happen. Top will also then die with a FP error (div
by 0) after this point. This (systat & top) continues until the system is
rebooted. I think this is also responsible for some of my NAS problems (which
depends on itimer to clock the sound flow) during times of heavy system load.

	Stephen
--

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!