Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 95 13:46:41 EAT
From:      Yen-Wei Liu <ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "super block size 0 " problem

Hello everyone,

   Today I am trying to install a modified bootstrap loader and fail.
disklabel keeps complaining "Warning, revolutions/minute 0" and
"super block size 0".

   After examing the source of disklabel, I find the "super block size 0"
keeps me from writing out boot loader.

   In addition to super bock size 0, the rpm, interleave, trackskew,
cylinderskew,headswitch,track-to-track seek, drive data are all zero.

   This hard disk is a Quantum 540A 516MB IDE one, installed as 2nd hard disk,
from cyclinder 236 to 1048 assigned to FreeBSD. And it works fine so far.
I just can't figure out why my super block size could be zero.

   Any idea ? What if I modify disklabel to write out bootstrap loader
no matter how my super block size is zero ? Will this ruin my whole system ?

--
Yen-Wei Liu (ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw)