Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:34:13 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        Hristo Grigorov <Hristo@BGINFO.NET>
Cc:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>, milan@centrum.cz, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: random resets

Hello,

I'm also using at home a BP6 with -Stable, and it's as stable as any rock you could find, so
the FreeBSD code is certainly not the culprit for your resets.

What I've noticed with my BP6 is that it's very sensitive to heat : I'm now forced to run it in an
open case to keep it going (and my CPU's are just 333's), so the heat generated by the 500's
(even if they are not overclocked) could be a more plausible explanation.

Could you try and run your BP6 with its case open, to see if you get a better uptime ?

     TfH

Hristo Grigorov <Hristo@BGINFO.NET> on 30/06/2000 15:44:20