Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:33:08 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel 82567LM on a Dell Latitude E6500

Leslie Jensen wrote:
> I've just got myself a new laptop. The ethernet card is the above. I
> found a readme file on how to install the driver, and there's also
> instructions on where to download this driver. When browsing to Intels
> download center and finding the right driver one is directed to the
> FreeBSD homepage! I'm a bit puzzled here because it's not obvious to
> me where to find the driver. Will someone shed the light for me, Please?
>
> I've installed FreeBSD 7.0 amd64 and it does not identify the NIC
> proberly.
>
> Thanks
> /Leslie

Can you try a prerelease of 7.1, it has the igb driver which I suspect
will support that nic:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/7.1/

Also would you mind posting the output of pciconf -lv   which we could
use to be more sure which driver you need?  I would personally be
interested in that output plus the dmesg output because I plan to buy
the same model laptop and I think you are the first person to be found
on the web running FreeBSD on it :)  Thanks.