Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 12:21:48 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI 2x-4x slower than IDE?

Kenneth W Cochran writes:
> Hello -scsi,
>
> (Yes, the old SCSI vs IDE flamewar, but I'd like to avoid that,
> thank you...  :)
[...]
> 1.  What's going on "here" in M$/Win9x?

I think your Win9x friend should look into the caching mode page
settings on his new IBM drive. New IBM drives that I've seen have
shipped with caching disabled. Its not fair to compare unless the
caching is the same on all.

> 2.  What does this imply (or not imply) for FreeBSD?

It means to accurately apply it to FreeBSD you have to try it.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net