Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:27:10 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get OPIE to work??

David O'Brien wrote:
> > .. enable it in /etc/pam.conf:
> > login   auth    sufficient      pam_opie.so     no_warn
>
> Yes, this is what is missing from the step-by-step guide in the Handbook.

The handbook needs a "vetted by" field for each section, to
verify that what it describes actually works.

There's a really annoying section that nominally tels you how
to change the KVA space size, but which, in reality, doesn't
work because it ignores one important parameter (I've noted
this before in discussions about 4G memory supporting kernels).

-- Terry