Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:44:18 +0100
From:      Clem.Dye@wdr.com
To:        marko@uk.radan.com, RickSiple@mpainc.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: RE: Boot FreeBSD 3.x from NT boot loader

Gilles Vollant has produced something called BOOTPART
(http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm). This has the ability under
DOS or NT to extract the bootblock for Linux, so that the NT
bootloader can be configured to boot Linux without the hassle of
having to use DD/whatever under Linux to extract the salient data. I
emailed him about using BOOTPART with FreeBSD, but he's not au fait
with the O/S. He's a nice guy (I've registered his other software for
95/NT - Winimage) and I guess that he'd be amenable to fixing
BOOTPART if someone could provide the relevant info. - I'm a bit out
of my depth here. Alternatively, is there a FreeBSD utility somewhere
which under DOS/9x/NT etc. which could do the same job? It's not a
major deal to use the Fixit CD to extract the bootblock, but it is an
extra hassle, something which for newbies (me included), can be a
little difficult to wrestle with. Anything which makes installation
of FreeBSD in multi-boot situations easier has to be a plus/selling
point, IMHO.

Clem

PS: Sorry about the noise at the foot of this email - there's nothing
that I can do about it. Please ignore it and accept my apologies.