Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 14:11:13 -1000
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        "Brian D. McGlothlin" <bmcgloth@mail.vt.edu>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DAT or removable device?

} I have read just about everything I can get my hands on about backup devices
} for FreeBSD and still can't make a decision.  I currently am not running the
} OS, but am about to purchase hardware to backup Win95 and in the future
} FreeBSD (I am a CS student at Virginia Tech), so here is your chance to
} steer someone in the right direction before they spend bucks.  From what I
} read I'm assuming Adaptec's 2940 PCI SCSI Master is a good choice.  Now, I
} have heard that 1.3/2 GB DAT drives can be bought "cheap" and I've even seen
} the price quotes for www.corpsys.com (which I could not access) but the ones

Get an 8mm Exabyte drive for $300.  Cheaper, better, faster and cheaper
media than anything else.

Richard