Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:40:52 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Remy NONNENMACHER <remy@synx.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, support@yard.de
Subject:   Re: Yard/FreeBSD problem (fwd)

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Remy NONNENMACHER wrote:

> Yard told you that they checked this TCP_NODELAY option against
> inheritence reseting. If a last chance Yard's code review doesn't
> reveal a problem (accepte()d, fork()ed, etc....), I offer to analyse
> two tcpdump trace of the same session: one from you and one took on the
> machine at Yard, then review kernel codes of the two FreeBSD versions
> you (and yard) use.
>
> (Note to Yard: thanks for supporting FreeBSD).

Thanks for your help,

Yard is preparing for me a special version of FreeBSD with a hook
too be able to set the socket options.

According to their tests their last modifications (TCP_NODELAY)
works fine on FreeBSD 2.1.6. but not with FreeBSD 3.0.

As they are building everything on a FreeBSD 2.1.6 machine the
idea is that an incompatibility between the librairies could
be at the origin this problem.

Another solution would probably be to build Yard on FreeBSD 3.0 machine.
I can create a telnet account on my system but I dont think that they
would accept this solution. (they probably fear to see theirs source
code stolen while they are working).

--
Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net