Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:04:20 +0200
From:      Philippe <philippe.sam-long@laposte.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   gentoo compat problem

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the linux_dist-gentoo-stage3 and
linux_base-gentoo-stage3 ports.

After installing the port, mounting devfs on /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/dev and
linprocfs on /usr/local/gentoo-stage3/proc, I chroot
to /usr/local/gentoo-stage3 executing bash, and proceed to an "emerge sync",

It's impossible then to bootstrap or even just update portage. In effect, any
emerge will install files that should be executable to /usr/bin with unusual
mode masks. This problem occurs wether using linux_base-fc4 or
linux_base-gentoo-stage3 as a linux base.

/usr/local/gentoo-stage3/ is mounted on a separate UFS partition. I'm running
FreeBSD 6.1 on an Athlon XP Pro with the current ports tree.

Thanks,

philippe