Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:23:09 +0100
From:      "Jonathan Belson" <jon@witchspace.com>
To:        "Jordan Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-libh@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Some thoughts

Hiya

> The goal of TurboVision is to support the many FreeBSD server systems
> out there which have no graphics card in them and will never SEE a
> graphics card - all their needs, from installation to maintenance, are
> handled by a serial console.  If it isn't capable of working with a
> VT100 terminal emulator, it isn't capable of serving our needs.

I wasn't suggesting replacing TurboVision, just offering another option
for people who do have VGA capable displays.  I installed RedHat
on a machine recently and I was struck by how much Linux installers
have improved over the last few years - a well laid out graphical installer
gives a more 'professional' appearance IMO.

--
C-YA
Jon

http://www.witchspace.com