Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:59:53 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        <skl@securehosting.dk>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 5.0 Release...upgrade me servers now??

IIRC, the chatter surrounding the releases of 3.x and 4.x indicated that
it would be wise to wait for the x.2 release before upgrading in a
production environment.

For most applications in our business, it doesn't really pay off to stay
on the bleeding edge.  The only updates I generally do are security
related.  Heck, the only reason I moved between 2.2, 3.x, and 4.x, was
that I was installing on new hardware.  I still have a 3-STABLE box in
production (486/66 that's being replaced with a K6-2/350 running
4-STABLE next week).

I do already have a 5.0 test machine going (using it to work out a new
mail system).  So far it's doing just fine, though it's not in
production yet, I'll wait until 5-STABLE (if I can complete my project
by then, if not, then I'll go with 6-STABLE).

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks