Date:      14 Apr 2003 15:35:51 -0400
From:      Fish <fish@fish-mail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        orlando.bassotto@ieo-research.it
Subject:   VMWare3 Port Misses some Files on Install

I'm trying to install and run the VMWare3 port you have just gotten
working (kudos to Orlando on that, by the way) and get it running to
replace VMWare2.  This system does not now have any version of VMWare
still installed on it, and is current from this morning. Uname output
follows.

su-2.05b# uname -a
FreeBSD current 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Apr 14 10:51:03
EDT 2003     fish@current:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CURRENT-TWO  i386

I've downloaded and applied the kernel patch listed in the makefile,
built kernel/world and installed them, and ran "make install clean" in
the port directory.  Everything appeared to run fine, but when I try to
run vmware I get the following messages:

bash-2.05b$ vmware
Setting TMPDIR=/var/tmp.
Could not execve /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-ui: No such file or
directory.
Could not execve /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-mks: No such file or
directory.

I looked, the files do not exist.  I went looking for them, and find
that they do seem to have been built, and exist in the work directory.
The output from the make install process, the attempted run, and finding
those two files is attached if it's any help.

If there is any information I can provide that would help, please let me
know.

Thanks,

Fish