Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:23:44 -0500
From:      "Jim Mc Cay" <jmccay@tory.adsnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Cc:        jmccay@adsnet.com
Subject:   Re: newvirt - permission denied issue

OK.

  This is how much of a novice I am with Unix.  I talked to a bud and he knows a bit more than I do.  From what I've been able to figure out, my unix guy wrote a script called "newvirt"  that updates the virtusertable data base, but the script/file must not be executing correctly.

My new question is:  After one make changes to the /etc/mail/virtusertable  and saves them, how does one get those changes updated - how does the virtusertable.db file get updated?  So the server will recognize the new changes made to the recently edited virtusertable file?

Thanks,
jim