Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:30:58 +0200
From:      "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@tbv.se>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: new books, changing my pt. of view

The UI/GUI is easy enough to _learn_ if you have windows experience.  It
must be as easy to install.  To be sure all my FreeBSD machines are cli only
at the moment, but when I did try to install a Windows manager once it was
no intuitive or easy process.  Some of the Linux distributions are getting
good at this now, and Solaris, but there's work to be done here in the
FreeBSD releases - at least to 3.1 which is as far as I have got.

mvh/regards

James