Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:51:47 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        "Barrington, Mark" <mark.barrington@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ISO images to BOOTABLE cd's ? how to

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 04:16:02PM +0930, Barrington, Mark wrote:
> What I would really like to know, and would really appreciate having
> explained in a followable form is just how can I convert the ISO images t=
hat
> I can download from the site into BOOTABLE CD's.  Just how would I do this
> on a typical Windows machine equiped with a CD burner and say Adaptec's
> EAsyCD version 3.51?

Good question.  Of course, most of the FreeBSD developers don't run
Windows, and of the ones that do, few of them probably have access to
the same hardware and software you are using.

I'm guessing that the Adaptec software probably has a 'raw' mode, or
similar, where it will take a file you give it and write it directly to
the CD, without trying to add any extra bits itself.  However, without
the software manual in front of me I couldn't tell you exactly which
menu options to chose.

What would be really useful is if you could

 a)  Spend the time to discover exactly how to do this.

 b)  Write up instructions on how you did it (including screenshots, if
     possible).

 c)  Submit those instructions to the FreeBSD Doc. Project, so we can
     put them on the website.

Thanks,

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2--