Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:25:36 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9.0 bsdinstall usage

On 23/09/2011, at 23:03, Fbsd8 wrote:
>> The binary is installed by default, but there it isn't run at =
startup.
>> If it is being run then I would expect you are booting off your =
install media again by accident.
>> --
>> Daniel O'Connor=20
>=20
> You did not read my post correctly. I dont say bsdinstall is run every =
time I boot. I said "the bsdinstall scripts still remain on the new =
installed system."  The point I was making is it should not remain.

I think that is pretty debatable, you could certainly use them to =
install onto a new disk - say you had a machine you couldn't boot the =
install media off so you put the disk in your PC.

Also, it should be very difficult to destroy your installed setup while =
you're actually booted into it because GEOM will prevent partition =
changes to mounted disks.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum