Date:      Tue, 01 May 2001 22:05:58 GMT
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@willinet.net>
To:        DAC <usmc1@dslextreme.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Newbies" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Not sure where I am?

On Tue, 1 May 2001, DAC wrote:
> Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:21:8 -0800
> To: "freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org>
> From: DAC <usmc1@dslextreme.com>
> Subject: Not sure where I am?
>
> I installed everything and on my first boot I come to this message(after
logging on) :
> Welcome to FreeBSD!
> Before seeking technical help,please use the following resources:
> *Security advisories, etc,etc
> *the handbook and faq docs,etc.,etc.
> If you still have a question or problem please take , etc.,etc,etc
>
> At the bottom is this cursor:
> $
> MY question is where am I at in the boot process and how do I move on? Is
there a problem or is everything fine at this point and all I need is the proper
commands to move on ?
> Thanks in advance!
> Don
Hi Don,

I see Sue replyed to your message, but just wanted to toss this at you. My very
first experence with a UNIX type OS was on the old Tandy CoCo running OS-9. Got
it because it said it would let me access all 64K of my memory. (anybody
remember those days?) Well I did the install just like the book told me, and since my
only experence up to that point had been Color Basic, when I got to the prompt,
I stared at it for a while, and asked "Now what?"

Started to read everything I could find, and was hooked. Ran OS-9 for several
years, then went to Linux, and recently installed FreeBSD on an old 486,
unfortunatley have not had time to play with it much yet. Just want to encourage you,
it's worth the learning curve. Hang in there you'll be glad you did.
  >Lute<
     Hey! It happens. Well it does...