Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2006 02:28:24 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@iedowse.com>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony DSC, but no da* device?

In message <200603121538.42227.mistry.7@osu.edu>, Anish Mistry writes:
>Hmmm...I don't know anything else to try.  Before the umass worked
>with my camera, I just put the camera in PTP mode and used gphoto2 on
>the ugen device and that worked.  It wasn't as convenient as a mass
>storage device.

There is a quirk entry in umass.c for revision 5.00 of the DSC
camera, but I think Brian reported he has 6.00? It would be worth
finding the "USB_PRODUCT_SONY_DSC, 0x0500" entry and trying adding
a new entry for revision 6.00 immediately after it, e.g:

	{ USB_VENDOR_SONY, USB_PRODUCT_SONY_DSC, 0x0600,
	  UMASS_PROTO_RBC | UMASS_PROTO_CBI,
	  RBC_PAD_TO_12
	},

Ian