Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:55:34 +0100
From:      Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   From 10 Beta4 to 10 RC1 lost gpt labels added by the installer

Hello all.

I installed FreeBSD 10 Beta4 the day before the RC1 release and used the
ZFS install option, all went well.
I then downloaded the new source for 10 RC1 and did a buildworld.
It rebooted, the machine booted fine only did it show an error regarding
the swap space.
I could not mount /dev/gpt/swap0 and /dev/gpt/swap1

In /etc/fstab i had the following lines

# Device        Mountpoint      FStype  Options Dump    Pass#
/dev/gpt/swap0      none            swap    sw      0       0
/dev/gpt/swap1      none            swap    sw      0       0

this did not work anymore, and i needed to add the glabels instead.

/dev/diskid/DISK...... and so on.

/dev/gpt was not there anymore.

One more thing, i do not like the glabel option, is it possible to
create an option to use gpt labels instead of glabel when creating the pool.
I think glabel is just another layer which can cause trouble.

Another thing when installed Beta4 is the fact that a zpool status shows
the gptid's
This is not a pretty sight, and i think that the installer needs to put
the kern.geom.label.gptid.enable=0 in /boot/loader.conf when using the
zfs option.

The install went very smooth, and i really like it.
Thanks all for the great work.

regards
Johan