Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:24:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bad /dev/cuaa1??

    This is rather bizarre.  I have two virtually identical USR modems;
    I also have vitually identical ppp and tip and cu setup--I just
    copied over tarballs from this system to sage.thought.org.

    According to ppp:

      Warning: deflink: /dev/cuaa1: Bad file descriptor

    tip and cu (cu -pport1 dir) indicate that something is amiss with
    /dev/cuaa1.  The LED's are on my older modem are not what they
    were some months ago.  If I remember correctly the switches in
    back were fine so I shouldn't have to change anything.

    Can anybody figure out how to get this second link working?

    thanks much,

    gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix