Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:18:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      - - <freebsd_stuff@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't start X

Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed "XFree86 4.0.2
Released".  Here is what I did...

 1) Downloaded the following files: Xinstall.sh,
extract, Xdoc.tgz, Xfenc.tgz, Xlib.tgz, mod.tgz,
Xxserv.tgz, Xbin.tgz, Xetc.tgz, Xfnts.tgz, Xman.tgz,
and Xvar.tgz
 2) installed using the below command:
      #sh ./Xinstall.sh
 3) then, I ran xf86configurator.
 4) startx

After running 'startx', a while later, it comes back
to the console with the following errors:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libqt.so" not
found

How can I fix this problem?  Can I just get the file
from another FreeBSD box and place it in the right
directory?  Any comments or ideas would be greatly
appreciated!

TIA,
kero