Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:51:06 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/180579: committer's guide incomplete on ports removal

>Number:         180579
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       committer's guide incomplete on ports removal
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD apollo.emma.line.org 9.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p4 #0: Mon Jun 17 11:42:37 UTC 2013 root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

The Committer's Guide is incomplete with respect to removing ports.
I am looking at revision 42226 as obtained from
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/committers-guide/article.html#idp74042160>;

We used to use CVS, and hence section 13.2.1 "How do I remove an
existing port?" mentions, in a box:

* Then, remove the port:

1. Remove the port's files via svn remove.

2. Remove the SUBDIR listing of the port in the parent directory Makefile.

3. Add an entry to ports/MOVED.

4. Remove the port from ports/LEGAL if it is there.

This is incomplete in that step 1 mentions "remove the port's files".
This used to suffice because CVS only tracked files, and the client was
responsible for removing directories when the last contained file had
been removed.

With SVN, directories are tracked in addition to files.

I propose to change 1. to read:

Remove the port's files and its directory via svn remove.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

Change bullet 1 text from