Date:      Tue, 04 Jun 96 18:47:04 PST
From:      "Brett Glass" <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hayes ESP

> The version 1 cards were really pretty bogus from what I understand --
> they would only support speeds up to 57600, and had some other weird
> limitations.

Don't know about any speed limitations, but we have one at LARIAT that's
working fabulously under FreeBSD. We configure our serial ports at 38.4 to
provide a little breathing room, and with at least 1K of buffering on each
port, it's unloading the system.  The automated RTS/CTS handshaking is a
boon.

> All the Hayes ESP cards I have personally seen are version 2,
> including both of the cards I own.

Is this the one with the Bizcom UART on it?

As for the Multi-Tech card: it has one port that can look like a standard
UART, but the other MUST use DMA. This means it must have a driver. Good
card, and not expensive; it'd be nice to see it supported.

--Brett