Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 11:03:23 +0100
From:      James Guard <jguard@demon.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Proliant DL380 Array Controller

Hi,

I am trying to install FreeBSD on a Compaq Proliant DL380 with "Integrated
Smart Array Controller"

Could someone please confirm if this should be supported by FreeBSD.

I have tried 3.4 with ida support compiled into the floppy set and this
almost finds the controller - it detects with errors and doesn't work.
I have tried 4.0-20000518-Stable which appears to have ida support in
the GENERIC kernel, but this does not recognise it at all
Do I need to compile ida support into the floppy set for 4.0 Stable as well?

Thanks in advance,

James

--
James Guard						 System Administrator