Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:17:55 -0400
From:      Tom Collins <oljeep.collins@gte.net>
To:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Fwd: Re: Change login banner]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Change login banner
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:21:43 -0400
From: Tom Collins <oljeep.collins@gte.net>
To: Tyler Lu <ty@refute.org>

I did this on my FreeBSD v3.4 box but I'm not near it right
now so try
this link

http://www.freebsddiary.org/prelogin.html#disable

Basically in the line below just add the -h switch

      telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root
/usr/libexec/telnetd
telnetd -h

#  -h      Disable the printing of host-specific information
before
login  has been completed.