Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 16:55:35 UTC+2
From:      "Wolfgang Kess" <case@inga.augusta.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        case@augusta.de
Subject:   NT Bootloader to boot FreeBSD from sd(1,a)

Hi FreeBSD Team,

I read in
http://www.de.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ121.html
that it is possible to use the NT Bootloader to
boot FreeBSD from a partition on the SAME disk.

[boot loader]
        timeout=30
        [operating systems]
        multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows NT"
        C:\BOOTSECT.BSD="FreeBSD"
        C:\="DOS"

But I want to use the 2nd SCSI Disk for FreeBSD exclusive.
Is it possible to boot from sd(1,a) without reformating
the first Disk?

A friend of mine (he is not a FreeBSD-Newbie like I am) told me,
that I have to reformat, use a small Partion (< 100 MB) for FreeBSD,
the rest of sd0 for M$ NT.

Regards

Wolfgang Kess

  Phone:           +49(0)821-2290506