Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:00:43 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems reading vmcores

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 11:42:01PM +0200, Yann Berthier wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>=20
> > I'm having difficulty reading vmcore images with gdb (either the
> > system version or the port).
> >=20
> > (gdb) gohan10# gdb /a/kernel.debug /a/vmcore.0
>=20
>    But you need to specify the -k flag to gdb to use it against kernel
>    dumps, I'm sure it will give much better results :)

Oops, pasted the wrong thing:

gohan10# gdb -k kernel.debug vmcore.0
GNU gdb 5.2.0 (FreeBSD) 20020627
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain condition=
s.
This GDB was configured as "i386-undermydesk-freebsd"...
/a/vmcore.0: Undefined error: 0.

Kris

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--