Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 07:53:05 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de
Subject:   Any success on importing MS-Word docs in Applixware?

Did anybody have success importing MS-Word documents into
Applixware on 3.4-STABLE? The reason I am asking is:

In february this year I finally received my Applixware CD.
After installing (can anything done wrong here?), I tried
to import a MS-Word document. I received an error:

/server/FreeBSD/ApplixWare/axdata/filters/olefilter/olefilter, java libraries not found

and sent a PR which can be found under

http://www.smartbeak.com/SmartBeak.ent?ENT_COMMAND=INFOBASE_VIEW&ID=5003153

After exchanging several emails with Applix support, I was told that
my version, 4.42 (1021.522) really has a problem and there will
be fixed CDs sent out. This CD appeared on my desk the day before
yesterday. I installed it from scratch and tried to import a MS-Word
document:

/opt/applix/axdata/filters/olefilter/olefilter, java libraries not found

So, nothing changed apart from that I now have version 4.42 (1021.544.22).

Does anybody have any hints how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

	-Andre