Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:31:52 -0500
From:      Adam Coates <adam@bullseye.tv>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vdevs in zpool spereated, unable to import

More insight into my tomfoolery: I think the "different hostnames" issue
may be because of my ignorance. If you can't tell I'm fairly new to zfs,
and even newer to the revelation of zpools (I've been using one for over
a year but had no idea, I wasn't the one who set it up). When I had
finished the fresh os install I was originally trying to /mount/ the
drives. I know I was running into an error of:

"/dev/da0 is part of active pool 'tank'"

with a suggestion that the mount could only proceed with the "-f"
argument. I can't recall what exactly I did, but I may have tried to
force a mount of da0 to /tank in pool "tank". This would make sense why
I now can't import the original pool tank, and why there is a destroyed
pool tank. Since these were raidz, is there any chance of recovering
from my error?