Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 1995 20:06:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem w/ serial ports going busy.

I have several cuaa ports set up to handle dial ins. At odd times the
ports will just go busy [i.e. Kermit says, "Sorry, can't open connection:
/dev/cuaa1: Device Busy"]

Nothing is running except getty on those ports [and when I kill getty the
device doesn't get freed] and the modems are configured perfectly.

Any ideas [even dirty ways] of forcing the ports un-busy? I really hate
having to reboot the machine to get things working.

Thanks,

-Jerry.