Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:03:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Soeren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: ATA Atapi 4.6 Release

--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Brooks Davis wrote:

:On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 06:25:52AM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:
:> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Matthias Andree wrote:
:>
:> :Which leaves you with the recommendation:
:> :
:> :When running FreeBSD 4.6, put these lines in your /boot/loader.conf:
:>
:> Use /boot/loader.conf.local instead, according to the docs, which works
:> fine.
:
:In general you should use /boot/loader.conf, it's like rc.conf.

Yes and no.  I prefer using the .local version just because I may one day
have multiple machines with a common shared loader.conf, and I'd like to
not have to worry about laptop specific settings getting overwritten or
causing problems on other machines that have different requirements.  Most
people on this list probably aren't laptop users though, so that's just
me.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"

--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln

--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln--