Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:58:04 +0200
From:      Robert Suetterlin <sutter@robert2.mpe-garching.mpg.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with OSF1_BASE and make world.

Hello,

	when I do cvsup (STABLE and PORTS current), buildworld, installworld, mergemaster, new kernel, reboot, my ports that depend on osf1_base seem broken.

At any point before the reboot they are fine.

For example netscape46 gave the following error:

ƒνή9P0: not found
P0: not found
0: not found
/usr/local/lib/netscape/navigator-4.76.bin: 4: Syntax error: ")" unexpected

I can 'fix' this problem be deinstalling, rebuilding and reinstalling osf1_base.

Is this a feature or a bug?

Greetings,

	Robert S.