Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:11:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Marcel de Vries <mdevries@haveityourway.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: network buffer problem

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Marcel de Vries wrote:

> I really want to make a point, is it third party software =91mpd-3.7
> Multi-link PPP daemon based on netgraph(4)=92 that is causing this or is =
it
> something in the TCP/IP stack of BSD that is changed or the driver suppor=
t.

> We had these problems in 4.3, 4.4 and still in 4.5.
>  From using mpd 3.1 to 3.7 nothing changed about our problem.
>
> I think it=92s an important notice why this is happening, because what if
> this is a real TCP/IP stack issue this would be very wrong and bad for Fr=
eeBSD.

> But I=92m still no expert so I have to leave this open for the Pro BSD
> users/developers.
>
> Bye,
>
> Marcel

If your friend with a different network card is having similar problems,
I'd guess that mpd-netgraph is where you should start investigating.

However, as I have never used mpd-netgraph, I have no idea what you should
be looking at.  If by chance a mpd guru does not wander into this thread,
I suggest that you look through the old mailing list archives, see who
has had experience with it before, and drop them an e-mail.

As far as your other question about natd slowing down... I believe that
someone was looking into that.  If he manages to find the bottleneck and
fix it, I suspect you'll see the announcement here.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack