Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 10:54:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   userids longer than eight characters

I deleted this thread in a frenzy of mail cleanup so I am not able to
reply directly to the person who asked about this.  Sorry.

This has been discussed on the hackers list and details should be in
the archives, basically, you have to change a define in a header and
make world (sorry, I don't remember which one).

Of course, doing this will render many packages and ports invalid
without some massaging so it should be done with caution.

---
Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>