Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 11:20:31 -0600
From:      "Jan L. Peterson" <jlp@softhome.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/11376 still suspended

So what's the right way to get really stale PRs dealt with?

One in particular I'd like to see committed:  kern/20352, which was
submitted back in August 2000!

This PR (patch included) adds a new ioctl to the mouse driver that lets
you send a command.  It would be used by the tpconfig program (see PR
ports/24299, likewise submitted over a year ago).

I want to see this committed because I would like to run tpconfig and
disable the touchpad on my laptop (hp omnibook 6000 that includes both
a pointing stick and a touch pad).  I find that my large hands pass
over the touch pad and jerk my mouse pointer around when I don't want
it to move and would like to disable it completely.  tpconfig would let
me do this, but it currently only runs on linux because this PR has not
been committed.

Yes, I know I can patch my kernel myself, but then I have to put up
with maintaining differing versions.

	-jan-
--
Jan L. Peterson