Date:      Mon, 02 Jan 1995 21:58:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
Cc:        spetry@unf6.cis.unf.edu, questions@freebsd.org

> I had the mitsumi interface working on a sound galaxy card (a soundblaster
> clone) a few months back (took the mitsumi drive from one gateway 2000 and
> stuck it in another gateway 2000 with the sound galaxy). make sure the

Perhaps what this is then is a mitsumi-compatible controller interface
sitting on a clone sound card.  If so, i'm not surprised that it works
since it looks to FreeBSD just like a standard mitsumi drive/card
combo.  A genuine SB16 with a Creative Labs supplied CDROM drive will
be a wholly different animal, however, and I fear that we have to say
that we still don't support it.  That is unless Andreas has done
something I'm unaware of recently! :-)

Bottom line: If this drive now works, then we need to doc it properly.
If it doesn't work, then it's getting long past time for it to work.
Linux has had such support for AGES now and I'm really hoping that
somebody will finally emerge from the woodwork with a working driver.
This is getting ridiculous! :-( **

** If SB16 support HAS been added, then substitute "IDE CDROM" into
the last paragraph.. :-)

					Jordan