Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 08:10:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Interupt questions

	I am trying to configure my 2.2 BETA kernel to use my new Gravis Ultra
	Sound card. I know little or nothing about PC hardware, so please bear
	with me while I ask a few stupid questions.

	1. Can I find out what IRQ's are used on my runing system by looking
	somewhere? /proc for instance?

	2. What is the conflicts key word used for in the kernel config file?

	3. Reading through /var/log/messages it appears the the folowing
	interupts are used. 1,3,4,5,6,7,11,14,16. Doest this mean that I can ue
	any of the remaining numbers under 16 as I seefit? Or are certain ones
	reserved for things like the system clock?

	4. What would be a good IRQ to se for this card? The README suggest 11,
	but as you can see it's already used, and using it results in a kernel
	that will not boot :-(

	Thanks for the patience with my simplistic questions.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems