Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:53:55 +0100
From:      Peter Harrison <peter.piggybox@virgin.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xfce and shutting down...

I upgraded my ports a week or so ago (after the Gnome 2.20 upgrade if that helps).

I'm running Xfce on both 7.0 and 6.3. Before the upgrade, I could use the Xfce opanel shutdown button to poweroff the system (with the appropriate entry in sudoers).

Following the upgrade, I simply get returned to the login screen, with the following message repeated twice in /var/log/messages:

console-kit-daemon[839]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_hash_table_destroy: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

Can anyone shed any light on what's changed to prevent Xfce from being able to shut the system down? (Note, I can still poweroff by su-ing to root and running 'shutdown -p now').

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks for your help.

Peter Harrison.