Date:      Wed,  5 Apr 1995 13:27:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PCI/EISA/ISA performance

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-hackers: 5-Apr-95 Re:
PCI/EISA/ISA performance by Joe Grosch@interaccess.c
> >OH!  Any trouble mixing my existing SCSI-1 with a SCSI-2 on the same
> >ribbon?
>
> If your controller card was SCSI-2 and the devices were a mixture of
> SCSI-1 and SCSI-2, my guess would be that you should be ok. I'm sure
> that if I am wrong, I will br corrected. :-)

Should be fine.  I have two SCSI1 devices (Archive 2150 tape and some
trashy NEC 2x CD-ROM) and a SCSI2 device (Micropolis 4110S - 1gig scsi)
all hanging off of the same chain ties to my 1542C.

Also, the seatgate 31200 (or whatever, the 1gig Hawk drive) is supposed
to be pretty good but have fairly agressive cooling requirements.  So
just be sure that you meet whatever cooling requirements the drive comes
with.  Its not as bad as their Barracudas, but I've still heard of failures.

alex