Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:07:50 +0100
From:      Thorsten von Plotho-Kettner <thorsten@mandrakeuser.de>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i'm a newbie :)

Hello.

Am Montag, 12. Januar 2004 21:47 schrieb Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P.:
> Micha? Mas?owski wrote:

> > just wanted all of you to know that i'm a newbie! (heeee-hah!). i'm
> > very glad to join the community. so far i have set my own desktop with
> > fbsd 4.9 and i'm planning to deploy some webhosting services. i just

I have the best results with 4.9 (because I had some trouble with 5.0 and 5.1,
and 5.2 is in install-procedure). 4.9 - stable and wonderful (as I also like
OpenBSD 3.4 and my Linux-Boxes)

> > love the system, it's functionality and reliability that have been
> > introduced to me by the community. thanks in advance for your advices
> > and help.

The community and the documenations are great, indeed!

> FBSD is a great thing; in spite of the
> appearance of the mascot, I'd have to say it's
> "heavenly". Stability, Scalability, Community,
> Flexibility, Friendliness, and Virtuosity, all in a single
> package (well, the OS, that is... think of how many
> wonderful other "packages" there are to install!!)

Wow, a prayer ;)

> All aboard for Open Source!! Welcome to the
> future!!

The future of what? <scnr>

Best wishes,

Thorsten