Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 13:27:44 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Arun Sharma" <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Reiser: BSD cliques

Arun Sharma <arun@sharmas.dhs.org> types:

> http://steven.haryan.to/interview-hans-reiser.html
>
> So this is the nth time, I've heard the same allegation.
> Is anything being done to address it ?
>
> In particular, the openness of the development process.
> I sent serveral patches to the kernel to -hackers during
> the last year or two. All of them were send-pr'ed too.

I've found that asking for someone to deal with it in the appropriate
groups generates good results. Possibly not always the ones you want,
but the things aren't left hanging forever.

> But not one of them made it into the kernel. Neither were
> they rejected based on some technical reasoning.

Without knowing the reasons, I can't really comment on that. I've had
stuff accepted, and had stuff rejected for non-technical reasons. In
some cases, I disagreed with the reasons - but at least I knew what
they were.

	<mike